FPL: to Trent or not to Trent

I'll kick off with a screenshot of my GW13 final score:


This comes as a comparison to what was the prediction I closed my last article with. It wasn't that bad of a prediction, it must be said. I missed it by a mere thirty points (108 against 78). Plus, I predicted exact scores for six players. Six! And four of those actually played (one must give some credit to predicting Button's exact points total). I also missed three players by the one point. All to my detriment, obviously.
But nothing could prepare me for the absolute shocker of Laca scoring no more than two goals, an embarrasing half of the four he was due scoring. I mean, how could he? I guess this just sums my season so far perfectly. A total and utter shambles.

A bit more serious now, just to try and reflect a little on how to deal to what is, to me, the TAA conumdrum. Because I ditched him on GW18, immediately before he got his outrageous 24 monster-haul on the 0-4 thrashing to Leicester. It was always going to be a bit of a risky move that could backfire, but I guess no one could forecast such an unbelievable performance and Fantasy outcome in what had to be seen as a high profile match and a very demanding trip to a very demanding stadium, even to Klopp's team. But that's how it panned out and TAA scored 8 and 6 in the two games since, with Liverpool now pushing for a fifth consecutive clean sheet in the league. The next three games will be Spurs away, Manchester United at home and Wolves away, which must be considered a tough run of games. But is it that unlikely that they'll extend their series of clean sheets? And the fixtures list past these three games is a sea of green, which adds to a fairly favourable double gameweek (that Wolves match is paired with a trip to a rejuvenated West Ham).


TAA's ownership is overall very high and, most importantly, it is very high in the mini-league I'm chasing and looking for a way to climb up the rankings. Should I get Trent back to my team asap? This would force me to a minor surgery or even wildcard, but would give me the assurance of covering his points. Or should I instead look at the next three to four games as probable non-clean sheets for the Reds and put my money elsewhere? This was actually my original plan when I transferred him out. The double gameweek also raises the question on squad rotation... but I don't see Trent being rotated. I'm divided: am I overreacting by bringing him back so briefly after ditching him? Or will it be a bigger mistake if I don't correct the original mistake of taking him out of my team as rapidly as possible?

I'm tempted with the prospect of using my second wildcard in the next week. And the original idea was to double-up on Liverpool players. Double-up... on midfield. Adding Salah to Mané, leaving TAA out. I'll try and watch the weekend's matches and decide after that.
I feel like, with the lead that Liverpool have at the moment, that their season's final games (as City's, in a way) will somehow be a bit more unreliable FPL wise and so leaving the second wildcard for the big doubles might not be that profitable. But maybe this is me trying to convince myself to wildcard now. Wildcard is the El Dorado for the frustrated managers.

My team is looking great for next GW. 99 points? 100? Yeah, I'll hit the three-digits. For sure.


...
Update: I've hit the Wildcard button a few hours after the GW (GW22) kicked off. I'm going for the Liverpool triple-up: TAA+Mo Salah joining the undisputed leader of my midfield, Mr. Sadio Mané. I've also made my mind up about using the Triple Captain chip in the upcoming double gameweek. On Mané. Looking forward to seeing my rank ahead of GW25. Fingers crossed.
I've also set a target for the remaining 16 gameweeks of the season (from GW23): having 10 good gameweeks, i. e., having 10 gameweeks in which I beat the teams around me in my two mini-leagues. We shall see. May the FPL gods be with me.

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Algo de errado se passa.

Desencontro, ou Enquanto as ervilhas cozem

Os números COVID-19: ou latos em excesso, ou inconsistentes, ou pouco consolidados